A Grain of Sand 一粒沙子
William Blake/威廉.布萊克
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild fllower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
從一粒沙子看到一個世界,
從一朵野花看到一個天堂,
把握在你手心里的就是無限,
永恒也就消融于一個時辰。
?Love 愛情
I love you not because of who you are,but because of who I am when I am with you.
我愛你,不是因為你是一個怎樣的人,而是因為我喜歡與你在一起時的感覺。
No man or woman is worth your tears,and the one who is ,won't make you cry.
沒有人值得你流淚,值得讓你這么做的人不會讓你哭泣。
The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.
失去某人,最糟糕的莫過于,他近在身旁,卻猶如遠在天邊。
Never frown,even when you are sad,because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
縱然傷心,也不要悉眉不展,因為你不知是誰會愛上你的笑容。
To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.
對于世界而言,你是一個人;但是對于某人,你是他的整個世界。
Don't waste your time on a man/woman,who isn't willing to waste their time on you.
不要為那些不愿在你身上花費時間的人而浪費你的時間。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to,doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
愛你的人如果沒有按你所希望的方式愛你,那并不代表他們沒有全心全意地愛你。
Don't try to hard,the best things come when you least expect them to.
不要著急,最好的總會在最不經意的時候出現。
Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one,so that when we finally meet the person,we will know how to be grateful.
在遇到夢中人之前,上天也許會安排我們先遇到別人;在我們終于遇見心儀的人時,便應當心存感激。
Don't cry because it is over,smile because it happened.
不要因為結束而哭泣,微笑吧,為你的曾經擁有。
Life is a pure flame,and we live by an invisible sun within us. -------Sir Thomas Browne
“生命是束純凈的火焰,我們依靠自己內心看不見的太陽而存在。” --------托馬斯。布朗爵士?
????
?Love Your Life 熱愛生活
Henry David Thoreau/享利.大衛.梭羅
However mean your life is,meet it and live it do not shun it and call it hard names.It is not so bad as you are.It looks poorest when you are richest.The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.Love your life,poor as it is.You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,glorious hourss,even in a poor-house.The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode;the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts,as in a palace.The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.May be they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.Most think that they are above being supported by the town;but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means.which should be more disreputable.Cultivate poverty like a garden herb,like sage.Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends,Turn the old,return to them.Things do not change;we change.Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.
不論你的生活如何卑賤,你要面對它生活,不要躲避它,更別用惡言咒罵它。它不像你那樣壞。你最富有的時候,倒是看似最窮。愛找缺點的人就是到天堂里也能找到缺點。你要愛你的生活,盡管它貧窮。甚至在一個濟貧院里,你也還有愉快、高興、光榮的時候。夕陽反射在濟貧院的窗上,像身在富戶人家窗上一樣光亮;在那門前,積雪同在早春融化。我只看到,一個從容的人,在哪里也像在皇宮中一樣,生活得心滿意足而富有愉快的思想。城鎮中的窮人,我看,倒往往是過著最獨立不羈的生活。也許因為他們很偉大, 所以受之無愧。大多數人以為他們是超然的,不靠城鎮來支援他們;可是事實上他們是往往利用了不正當的手段來對付生活,他們是毫不超脫的,毋寧是不體面的。視貧窮如園中之花而像圣人一樣耕植它吧!不要找新的花樣,無論是新的朋友或新的衣服,來麻煩你自己。找舊的,回到那里去。萬物不變,是我們在變。你的衣服可以賣掉,但要保留你的思想。?
??? These Things Shall Never Die 這些美好不會消逝
Charles Dickens/查爾斯.狄更斯
The pure.the bright,the beautiful, 一切純潔的,輝煌的,美麗的,
That stirred our hearts in youth, 強烈地震撼著我們年輕的心靈的,
The impulses to wordless prayer, 推動著我們做無言的禱告的,
The dreams of love and truth; 讓我們夢想著愛與真理的;
The longing after something's lost, 在失去后為之感到珍惜的,
The spirit's yearning cry, 使靈魂深切地呼喊著的,
The striving after better hopes- 為了更美好的夢想而奮斗著的-
These things can never die. 這些美好不會消逝。
The timid hand stretched forth to aid 羞怯地伸出援助的手,
A brother in his need, 在你的弟兄需要的時候,
A kindly word in grief's dark hour 傷慟、困難的時候,一句親切的話
That proves a friend indeed? 就足以證明朋友的真心;
The plea for mercy softly breathed, 輕聲地乞求憐憫,
When justice threatens nigh, 在審判臨近的時候,
The sorrow of a contrite heart- 懊悔的心有一種傷感--
These things shall never die. 這些美好不會消逝。
Let nothing pass for every hand 在人間傳遞溫情
Must find some work to do? 盡你所能地去做;
Lose not a chance to waken love- 別錯失去了喚醒愛的良機-----
Be firm,and just ,and true; 為人要堅定,正直,忠誠;
So shall a light that cannot fade 因此上方照耀著你的那道光芒
Beam on thee from on high. 就不會消失。
And angel voices say to thee---你將聽到天使的聲音在說-----
These things shall never die. 這些美好不會消逝。
?Think it over……好好想想……
Today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
今天我們擁有了更高層的樓宇以及更寬闊的公路,但是我們的性情卻更為急躁,眼光也更加狹隘;
We spend more,but enjoy less;
我們消耗的更多,享受到的卻更少;
We have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;
我們的住房更大了,但我們的家庭卻更小了;
We have more compromises,but less time;
我們妥協更多,時間更少;
We have more knowledge,but less judgment;
我們擁有了更多的知識,可判斷力卻更差了;
We have more medicines,but less health;
我們有了更多的藥品,但健康狀況卻更不如意;
We have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values;
我們擁有的財富倍增,但其價值卻減少了;
We talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much;
我們說的多了,愛的卻少了,我們的仇恨也更多了;
We reached the Moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors;
我們可以往返月球,但卻難以邁出一步去親近我們的左鄰右舍;
We have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space;
我們可以征服外太空,卻征服不了我們的內心;
We have highter income,but less morals;
我們的收入增加了,但我們的道德卻少了;
These are times with more liberty,but less joy;
我們的時代更加自由了,但我們擁有的快樂時光卻越來越少;
We have much more food,but less nutrition;
我們有了更多的食物,但所能得到的營養卻越來越少了;
These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase;
現在每個家庭都可以有雙份收入,但離婚的現象越來越多了;
These are times of finer houses,but more broken homes;
現在的住房越來越精致,但我們也有了更多破碎的家庭;
That's why I propose,that as of today;
這就是我為什么要說,讓我們從今天開始;
You do not keep anything for a special occasion.because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION.
不要將你的東西為了某一個特別的時刻而預留著,因為你生活的每一天都是那么特別;
Search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;
尋找更我的知識,多讀一些書,坐在你家的前廊里,以贊美的眼光去享受眼前的風景,不要帶上任何功利的想法;
Spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love;
花多點時間和朋友與家人在一起,吃你愛吃的食物,去你想去的地方;
Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival;
生活是一串串的快樂時光;我們不僅僅是為了生存而生存;
Use your crystal goblets.Do not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.
舉起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝嗇灑上你最好的香水,你想用的時候就享用吧!
Remove from your vocabulary phrases like"one of these days"or "someday";
從你的詞匯庫中移去所謂的“有那么一天”或者“某一天”;
Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!
曾打算“有那么一天”去寫的信,就在今天吧!
Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them;
告訴家人和朋友,我們是多么地愛他們;
Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;
不要延遲任何可以給你的生活帶來歡笑與快樂的事情;
Every day,every hour,and every minute is special;
每一天、每一小時、每一分鐘都是那么特別;
And you don't know if it will be your last.
你無從知道這是否是最后一刻。?
Virtue 美德
G.Herbert/赫伯特
Sweet day,so cool,so calm,so bright!
甜美的白晝,如此涼爽、安寧、明媚!
The bridal of the earth and sky-
天地間完美的匹配-----
The dew shall weep thy fall to-night;
今宵的露珠兒將為你的消逝而落淚;
For thou must die.
因為你必須離去。
Sweet rose,whose hue angry and brave,
美麗的玫瑰,色澤紅潤艷麗,
Bids the rash gazer wipe his eye,
令匆匆而過的人拭目而視,
Thy root is ever in its grave,
你的根永遠扎在墳墓里,
And thou must die.
而你必須消逝。
Sweet spring,full of sweet days and roses,
美妙的春天,充滿了美好的日子和芳香的玫瑰,
A box where sweets compacted lie,
如一支芬芳滿溢的盒子,
My music shows ye have your closes,
我的音樂表明你們也有終止,
And all must die,
萬物都得消逝。
Only a sweet and virtuous soul,
唯有美好而正直的心靈,
Like season'd timber,never gives;
猶如干燥備用的木料,永不走樣;
But though the whole world turn to coal,
縱然整個世界變為灰燼,
Then chiefly lives.
它依然流光溢彩。?
A Forever Friend 永遠的朋友
"A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out."
"別人都走開的時候,朋友仍與你在一起。”
Sometimes in life,
有時候在生活中,
You find a special friend;
你會找到一個特別的朋友;
Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.
他只是你生活中的一部分內容,卻能改變你整個的生活。
Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop;
他會把你逗得開懷大笑;
Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.
他會讓你相信人間有真情。
Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it.
他會讓你確信,真的有一扇不加鎖的門,在等待著你去開啟。
This is Forever Friendship.
這就是永遠的友誼。
when you're down,
當你失意,
and the world seems dark and empty,
當世界變得黯淡與空虛,
Your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark and empty world
suddenly seem bright and full.
你真正的朋友會讓你振作起來,原本黯淡、空虛的世界頓時變得明亮和充實。
Your forever friend gets you through the hard times,the sad times,and the confused times.
你真正的朋友會與你一同度過困難、傷心和煩惱的時刻。
If you turn and walk away,
你轉身走開時,
Your forever friend follows,
真正的朋友會緊緊相隨,
If you lose you way,
你迷失方向時,
Your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.
真正的朋友會引導你,鼓勵你。
Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay.
真正的朋友會握著你的手,告訴你一切都會好起來的。
And if you find such a friend,
如果你找到了這樣的朋友,
You feel happy and complete,
你會快樂,覺得人生完整,
Because you need not worry,
因為你無需再憂慮。
Your have a forever friend for life,
你擁有了一個真正的朋友,
And forever has no end.
永永遠遠,永無止境。?
Friends 朋友
A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
真正的朋友是一個可以援手幫助并感動你心扉的人。
There's always going to be people that hurt you,so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.
別人常常傷害你,所以你該繼續付出信任,并小心挑選你下次信任的人。
Make youself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.
在你想了解別人也想讓別人了解你之前,先完善并了解自己。
Remember:Whatever happens,happens for a reason.
要記住:任何事情的發生都有因有起。
How many people actually have 8 true friends?Hardly anyone I know.But some of us have all right friends and good friends.
有多少人可以擁有八個真正的朋友?就我所知少之又少。但我們會有泛泛之交和好友。
Words To Live By 生活的忠告
Anonymous/無名氏
I’ll give you some advice about life.
給你生活的忠告
Eat more roughage;
多吃些粗糧;
Do more than others expect you to do and do it pains;
給別人比他們期望的更多,并用心去做;
Remember what life tells you;
熟記生活告訴你的一切;
Don’t take to heart every thing you hear.
Don’t spend all that you have.
Don’t sleep as long as you want;
不要輕信你聽到的每件事,不要花光你的所有,不要想睡多久就睡多久;
Whenever you say” I love you”, please say it honestly;
無論何時說“我愛你”,請真心實意;
Whevever you say” I’m sorry”, please look into the other person’s eyes;
無論何時說“對不起”,請看對方的眼睛;
Fall in love at first sight;
相信一見鐘情;
Don’t neglect dreams;
請不要忽視夢想;
Love deeply and ardently, even if there is pain, but this is the way to make your life complete;
深情熱烈地愛,也許會受傷,但這是使人生完整的唯一方法;
Find a way to settle, not to dispute;
用一種明確的方法解決爭議,不要冒犯;
Never judge people by their appearance;
永遠不要以貌取人;
Speak slowly, but think quickly;
慢慢地說,但要迅速地想;
When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, simle and say, “Why do you want to know?”
當別人問你不想回答的問題時,笑著說:“你為什么想知道?”
Remember that the man who can shoulder the most risk will gain the deepest love and the supreme
accomplishment;
記住:那些敢于承擔最大風險的人才能得到最深的愛和最大的成就;
Call you mother on the phone. If you can’t, you may think of her in your heart;
給媽媽打電話,如果不行,至少在心里想著她;
When someone sneezes say, “God bless you”;
當別人打噴嚏時,說一聲“上帝保佑”;
If you fail, don’t forget to learn your lesson;
如果你失敗了,千萬別忘了汲取教訓;
Remember the three “ respects” .Respect yourself, respect others, stand on dignity and pay attention
to your behavior;
記住三個“尊”: 尊重你自己; 尊重別人; 保持尊嚴, 對自己的行為負責;
Don’t let a little dispute break up a great friendship;
不要讓小小的爭端損毀了一場偉大的友誼;
Whenever you find your wrongdoing, be quick with reparation!
無論何時你發現自己做錯了,竭盡所能去彌補;動作要快!
Whenever you make a phone call smil when you pick up the phone, because someone feel it!
無論什么時候打電話,摘起話筒的時候請微笑,因為對方能感覺到!
Marry a person who likes talking; because when you get old, you’ll find that chatting to be a great
advantage;
找一個你愛聊的人結婚;因為年紀大了后,你會發覺喜歡聊天是一個人最大的優點;
Find time for yourself.
找點時間,單獨呆會兒;
Life will change what you are but not who you are;
欣然接受改變,但不要摒棄你的個人理念;
Remember that silence is golden;
記住:沉默是金;
Read more books and watch less television;
多看點書,少看點電視;
Live a noble and honest life. Reviving past times in your old age will help you to enjoy your life again;
過一種高尚而誠實的生活。當你年老時回想起過去,你就能再一次享受人生。
Trust God, but don’t forget to lock the door;
相信上帝,但是別忘了鎖門;
The harmonizing atmosphere of a family is valuable;
家庭的融洽氛圍是難能可貴的;
Try your best to let family harmony flow smoothly;
盡你的能力讓家平順和諧;
When you quarrel with a close friend, talk about the main dish, don’t quibble over the appetizers;
當你和你的親近的少吵嘴時候,試著就事論事,不要扯出那些陳芝麻、爛谷子的事;
You cannot hold onto yesterday;
不要擺脫不了昨天;
Figure out the meaning of someone’s words;
多注意言下之意;
Share your knowledge to continue a timeless tradition;
和別人分享你的知識,那才是永恒之道;
Treat our earth in a friendly way,don’t fool around with mother nature;
善待我們的地球,不要愚弄自然母親;
Do the thing you should do;
做自己該做的事;
Don’t trust a lover who kisses you without closing their eyes;
不要相信接吻時從不閉眼的伴侶;
Go to a place you’ve never been to every year.
每年至少去一個你從沒去過的地方。
If you earn much money,the best way to spend it is on charitable deeds while you are alive;
如果你賺了很多錢,在活著的時候多行善事,這是你能得到的最好回報;
Remember,not all the best harvest is luck;
記住有時候,不是最好的收獲也是一種好運;
Understand rules completely and change them reasonably;
深刻理解所有的規則,合理地更新他們;
Remember,the best love is to love others unconditionally rather than make demands on them;
記住,最好的愛存在于對別人的愛勝于對別人的索求這上;
Comment on the success you have attained by looking in the past at the target you wanted to achieve most;
回頭看看你發誓取得的目標,然后評價你到底有多成功;
In love and cooking,you must give 100% effort……but expect little appreciation;
無論是烹飪不是愛情,都用百分之百的負責態度對待,但是不要乞求太多的回報。